JULY 28, 2020
Dear GSAA Family,
I hope that you and your loved ones are in good health and finding some time to enjoy the summer. I wanted to provide a brief update as it relates to the 2020-2021 school year. I know that this is a difficult time for parents and the usual “back to school” routines have been disrupted for us all. I am confident that our students, parents, faculty and community stakeholders will improvise, adapt and overcome to make this a successful year for our students. A few brief relevant updates are listed below:
Registration Day - August 16
School Start Date - August 17
1. GSAA will be performing daily screenings of staff and students for fever before entry is allowed.
2. Teachers, staff, and students will keep their hands sanitized using the dispensers that are easily accessible to staff and students.
3. Students and staff will also be encouraged to have their own bottle of hand sanitizer.
4. Staff duties and student activities requiring close contact will be modified, as necessary.
5. When weather permits some classes will be encouraged to meet outdoors.
6. Social distancing in all classrooms to the fullest extent possible.
7. All seating in classrooms facing the same direction.
8. Enhanced custodial cleaning and products used.
9. GSAA will modify seating on school transportation and require a mask when riding school transportation.
10. For the first twenty-one days the students and staff will be required to have masks and wear them in the hallways, restrooms, library, lobbies, public places in the residence' halls.
11.P.E. classes will be limited to individual sports such as tennis, golf, badminton ETC. (until state and local health departments life restrictions).
Click here for GSAA’s Covid-19 response plan that is more in-depth than the procedures listed above. Please take the time to read it. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us.
As we move closer to the start of school, GSAA will continue to provide any updates that are relevant for our students and parents. It is an honor to serve as the principal of Gem State Adventist Academy and we will do whatever it takes to ensure the safety of our staff, students, and community’s health and safety during this upcoming school year. Please feel free to email me at email@example.com with any questions, or if I can ease any anxiety you may be feeling about the return.
John Soulé, Principal
ABC handwashing video for secondary students.
Cover your Cough:
CDC cough video for students.
COVID-19 Stop the Spread:
COVID-19 Fact Sheet:CDC Fact Sheet: https://www.cdc.gov/